FORGE for humanity began when several long-term volunteers working with refugees in Greece identified one group of people who are consistently ignored in refugee support services: single men. The assumption that they are able to cope by themselves persists, and many are falling through the cracks. Lack of integration and support services prevent single men from participating in society, leading to longer-term social risks. We reach out to young men in and around Athens to bridge this gap, provide essential support, and encourage them to forge a future in Greece.
We are looking for volunteers to work in our Athens office in the following areas:
- Social media and fundraising
- Connecting people to relevant services in the city
- Assisting people with CVs and job applications
- Accompanying people to appointments
- Helping to move people into new apartments
- Prior experience working in Greece preferable but not required
- Language skills (esp. Farsi, Urdu, French and Greek) given preference
- Must be tech savvy
- Strong communication skills and cultural awareness
- Marketing/fundraising experience as well as photography skills an asset
Minimum age limit is 21 and we ask for a minimum commitment of 2 weeks, ideally one month. Hours are 10am-6pm Monday - Saturday. We’re looking for people to start asap. We have a lovely apartment on Patision that you are very welcome to share with us for €5 per night.
If you are interested, please contact Jess and Alejandra at firstname.lastname@example.org