Do you have a background in Human Resources/Administrative work? Do you feel like gaining valuable experience in an NGO and want to learn about the coordination of volunteers? If so, this volunteer position is perfect for you.
You will be:
- Supporting the implementation and development of our HR processes
- Actively involved in recruitment by preparing role descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- For volunteers
- For internships
- Able to think outside the box to find and recruit new volunteers
- Part of creating and implementing effective on boarding plans
- The point of contact for volunteers via email, websites and social media outlets,
- Responsible for helping keep track of past, current and future volunteers
- Helping us to keep up to date with the companies we work for/with, and the websites we are using to recruit volunteers
- Part of a wider team of volunteers who play host to every guest who walks through our doors. Our culture of hospitality brings to life the comfort of home.
We welcome short-term volunteers (2-4 weeks). However, we prefer long-term commitments! We need help on weekdays (Mo-Fr). Your schedule will be flexible.
Who we are
Hestia Hellas is a local NGO in Athens Greece. We provide sustainable, holistic services to vulnerable populations, including refugees, migrants and Greeks. Our focus is on community building, empowerment and advocacy to help these populations live a more dignified life.
What we are looking for:
- Qualification in a HR related discipline or practical experience in a work or voluntary capacity
- Interest in Human Resources management
- Enthusiasm for Hestia Hellas work
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and contribute to the wider team
- A methodological and can do approach to work
- [Desirable] Familiarity with Google Drive
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with good communication skills
How to apply
Interested? Then we invite you to apply using our application form on our website: https://www.hestiahellas.org/join-our-team