Are you dedicated, passionate and lively? Do you believe in sustainablity and long-term results? Do you love working with children? If so, we need you!
If you believe that every child has the right to education and play, if you are passionate about working with children, if you have energy, patience and empathy, then join our team! Our Child-Friendly Space is a protected safe space for children 2 -12 years old to engage in socio-educational activities and play.
Your role will include:
- Working closely with the coordinator to deliver our programme of activities
- Planning and delivering learning activities for children and families. The classes last 90 minutes and include educational activities, unstructured and structured play, physical and motor activities.
- Providing feedback on activities to the rest of the team
- Supporting with monitoring and evaluating the impact of activities
We’re looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Professional skills and experience:
- Occupational Therapy
- Special Education Teacher
- Early Childhood Education (Kindergarten Teacher)
- English Teacher for children
- Math Teacher for children
- Greek Teacher for children
- Enthusiasm for Hestia Hellas work
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to multitask and contribute to the wider team
- A can do approach to work
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with good communication skills
To make a difference, join us now by filling out the volunteer application you find here: https://www.hestiahellas.org/join-our-team Or e-mail HR@HestiaHellas.org with your CV.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. M. Mead
Who we are
Hestia Hellas is a local NGO in Athens Greece. We provide sustainable, holistic services to vulnerable populations, including refugees, migrants and Greeks. Our focus is on community building, empowerment and advocacy to help these populations live a more dignified life.
Learn more about our organisation by visiting our website and Facebook pages