RefugeeEd is looking for a field coordinator with a passion for education to oversee our operations in Greece, acting as the main point of contact for our volunteers and partner organisations.
RefugeeEd aims to ensure that children and adults fleeing violence have access to a good education.
We pair experienced teachers with local organisations who need training and mentoring.
We prepare and support our teachers before, during and after their trips.
We work to ensure that everyone can access a good education.
About the role:
- Communicating via email, phone and social media with prospective volunteers and posting volunteer recruitment adverts online.
- Keeping in regular contact with our network of organisations and reaching out to new organisations, through email, phone and site visits.
- Regular site visits to our network of organisations to observe education work and needs, and to visit volunteers.
- Maintaining an overview of the educatonal activities and support needs of organisations.
- Ensuring organisations have effective safeguarding checks and systems in place.
- Matching volunteers with organisations according to organisational need and volunteer experience.
- Supporting volunteers in developing support plans/assisting educational queries and maintaining contact throughout placement.
- Organising, promoting and evaluating multi-organisational training programmes in Athens and Northern Greece.
- Monitoring and evaluating success of the programme and contributing ideas for programme development!
- Staying in regular contact with refugeeEd team in UK.
- Keeping systems, databases and info packs up to date.
- Remote work, keeping in regular contact with our team in the UK.
- We would consider filling the role full-time (5 days per week) or part-time (3 days per week).
- The role will involve regular travel within Greece to visit partner organisations, travel expenses covered.
- We will be able to provide a small stipend.
- Long-term position: minimum term 4 months.
- Teaching background (primary, secondary teaching experience/qualification and/or Celta/TEFL background).
- Experience of the refugee education context in Greece.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Highly organised.
- Strong command of English.
- Good ICT skills, including Office, email, Google apps.
- Experience of training/mentoring other teachers.
- Experience of G suite, Analytics, SEO, web design.
- Experience of project/field coordination.
For more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying, to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!