VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FROM APRIL 1ST
Action for Education are excited to announce a new centre for dedicated IT/technology learning for refugee women and youth. In collaboration with Glocal Roots, AFE are opening a centre that will support students to gain basic digital skills.
Key responsibilities of the job include:
- Delivering IT lessons and courses to children and adults
- Developing our IT programme and curriculum to cover a range of levels and needs
- Maintaining the upkeep of our technical equipment
- Provide social support including creating an environment to build the confidence, resilience and self-esteem of students
- Attending regular planning meetings and fortnightly trainings
- Reporting any child or adult protection concerns
- Remaining flexible based on the project needs
- Cleaning of the spaces twice a day along with the rest of the volunteer team
Your set of skills:
- Experience in teaching, IT, ESL, social work, youth work, & project-based activities
- An awareness of migration issues and sensitivity to working with vulnerable communities
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to education
- Familiarity with all major computer programmes: Microsoft, Adobe, Google software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in IT education
- Multi-tasker who performs well under pressure.
- Willing to give long hours in a variety of roles and tasks
Volunteers are responsible to covering transport costs to and from the island. Shared accommodation is provided in our volunteer flat, though we each contribute a small amount (€20) to shared apartment pot every week to cover some of the flat costs and to purchase communal food.
Minimum commitment: 6 weeks