CESRT (Chios Eastern Shore Response Team) is a group of international volunteers working together to support the refugee community on Chios, Greece.
Our Language Centre is a well-established and unique educational centre which opened in March 2018. We are located close to Vial Camp, providing educational services for male and female refugees of all backgrounds and abilities, over 18 years old. We are open Monday - Saturday, with a set timetable of classes and activities. We currently have 8 English classes from Beginner to Advanced levels. Each class is an hour and half, 3 times a week. Students are also able to learn Greek, French and German. Other services available at the centre are free sessions with volunteer lawyer teams on the island, art, conversation, reading and gardening activities. The centre has a very friendly, welcoming atmosphere while delivering a high standard of language education.
We are looking for 2 volunteer English teachers to commit for a minimum of two months full time from the end of October.
- Teach at least 6 set English classes plus other activities each week
- Plan, create and organise your own lesson plans and classroom activities
- Be involved in other activities at the Language Centre and other projects run by CESRT when not teaching
- Set the correct tone and atmosphere of the Language Centre - a calm, comfortable, clean, positive and welcoming environment
- Support other teachers and the team on a day-to-day basis.
- A fluent English speaker
- Commit for a minimum of 2 months
- Previous classroom experience teaching English
- Sensitivity towards those we are working with
- Able to work well in a team
- A TEFL or CELTA certificate
- Able to drive/willing to drive on Chios
- Able to teach Greek, French or German
-Free accommodation. A shared room, in a house with other volunteers
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org