Do you have coordination skills and experience? Are you available long term, up for a challenge, and want to use your skills to make a huge difference? CRIBS International supports pregnant women and women with new-born babies up to 12 months, by providing housing, essentials, support with breastfeeding, and help in accessing necessary medical care and appointments.
We currently support 15 refugee families who are housed in 9 flats across Athens. We also have a Free Shop open to our families and others with new-born babies. We need a Project Coordinator to manage and coordinate the volunteers and tasks on the ground, and liaise with our UK based director and admin team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your coordination skills and experience in the charity sector and build on your understanding of the refugee crisis. You will be able to have an enormous impact on the lives of many families.
Language skills in French, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, and Greek are all extremely helpful, but not essential.
Minimum commitment: 6 months Preferred: 6-12 months
Deadline for applications: Monday 15th July
- Coordinating tasks and appointments, prioritising and delegating to volunteers
- Being the key point of contact for the families
- Keeping the director updated with work on the ground
- Inducting, training and supporting volunteers
- Identifying need for volunteers and liaising with the director to recruit
- Being familiar with the health system and asylum processes to advise families and volunteers
- Keeping updated records on all families
- Making links with other NGOs and making referrals when relevant
- Liaising with the director and relevant NGOs for breastfeeding advice for mothers
- Working with families to develop a plan as to how they will move on from CRIBS accommodation and support themselves, and ensuring they follow these steps
- Assisting the CRIBS Store Coordinator with running the Free Shop
- Communicating donation needs for the Free Shop with the director and key donors
- Recording key statistics for funding purposes
- Keeping financial and petty cash records up to date
- Creating monthly updates on each family for the director and trustees
- Coordinating weekly team meetings and attending monthly trustee meetings (via video call)
- On occasion, booking and attending appointments with families when other volunteers are not available
- Previous experience in coordination or project management
- Some experience of working with refugees
- Awareness and understanding of the issues faced by refugees
- Experience managing or coordinating people
- Able to work on own initiative, and prioritise and delegate tasks
- Language skills in French, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, and Greek are all extremely helpful, but not essential.
- Experience in social work or working with pregnant women or babies would be a bonus but is not essential
We are able to provide a contribution towards accommodation and food costs.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter summarising your experience, skills, availability and why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like an informal chat before applying, please send an email and we will be in touch.