Administration Coordinator Greece
(6 months, extension pending review)
Action for Education runs projects that stand up for refugees across Greece. We run education programmes and safe spaces for women, children and youth. Each of our centres is tailored to meet the acute needs of asylum seekers. We’re committed to breaking down barriers to education and this means our education centres are versatile spaces that not only provide lessons and classrooms, but also offer services (nutrition, protection, sanitation) that support learners in accessing these spaces. We’re a 100% volunteer team of teachers and youth workers, bringing our extensive experience in education to a grassroots, emergency context.
About the Role
We’re now looking for an Administration Coordinator to join our team on the ground in Greece. This position is key to ensuring the smooth running of our professional operations on the ground. The Administration Coordinator will work in close collaboration with our existing Coordination Team, in areas related to finance, recruitment, public relations and monitoring and evaluation.
Though this role doesn’t involve direct teaching or work in our projects, it’s crucial our Administration Coordinator is willing to get stuck in, meet participants, learn about our work and share our ethos of hard-work. We’re looking for someone with a strong understanding of humanitarian principles and a passion to strengthen and secure AFE’s ongoing projects to fill this diverse and pivotal role.
- To manage AFE’s online infrastructure (maintaining the Google Drive, emails, website) and ensure continued subscriptions and payments are made
- To handle online banking and oversee the book-keeping on each project; to monitor spending vs. budget in each project location
- To ensure the timely and accurate collation of project data; to review and develop AFE’s Monitoring and Evaluation strategies
- To oversee AFE’s social media strategy and ensure the regular generation of fresh media/photography across AFE’s projects
- To respond to emails and manage AFE’s central email inbox
- To prepare agendas and keep accurate minuting in AFE’s Coordination meetings
- To coordinate Quarterly and Annual Reports
- To support the Recruitment Officer and Fundraising Officer in their duties as needed.
- To support the Programme Coordinators in relevant tasks and arising issues
- To maintain strong communication with our funding partners; to promote the work of AFE locally and internationally
- To review and keep up to date AFE’s general policies, including safeguarding, data protection and whistle-blowing
Your set of skills:
- You have at least one year of experience in working for a company in an administrative capacity
- You possess knowledge of the charity sector, ideally with a focus on education and/or crisis response
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You are familiar with AFE’s work in Greece
- You have strong IT skills, including proficiency in Google Suite (essential), Canva (essential), Microsoft Office (essential), Adobe products (highly desirable)
- You hold strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to compile and present briefings and reports to a variety of audiences
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills and demonstrate resourceful and strategic thinking
- You are a multi-tasker who performs well under pressure, and are willing to put long hours into supporting the work of a young and dynamic NGO
- Some expenses paid / free shared accommodation
- Expected start date: 1st September
- 6 months (with a 1 month, 3 month and 6 month review; further extension pending review)
- A chance to work in a unique and driven organisation with an amazing team.
Are you interested? Then apply for this position by emailing email@example.com with the subject “Administration Coordinator”.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than 2 pages). Both must be in English.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. The position will close when a suitable candidate has been found. Expected start date: September 2019