Lifting Hands International is looking for a Female Friendly Space Manager from mid August/beginning of September. LHI provides education, fitness, yoga and psychosocial support for the residents of Serres Refugee camp, Northern Greece.
The Female Friendly Space (FFS) is a safe space for women and girls where we provide psychosocial support activities. The FFS manager is responsible for the daily operation of the space, as well as planning and executing psychosocial support activities for three hours per day. The centre operates five days a week from Thursday- Monday.
- Continued monitoring and evaluation of the FFS program
- To manage the day to day running of the space
- Training new FFS volunteers and weekly check ins with FFS volunteers
- Leading weekly FFS meetings and sourcing resources for each weeks activities.
- Managing a team of 4-7 international volunteers
- Attending weekly leadership meetings, and giving a brief report in weekly team meeting
- Managing the preteen programme
- Finding new ways to engage all space users and continually develop the program as the needs of the beneficiaries change
- Referring safeguarding concerns and occasionally collaborating with other actors
- Assisting with other duties when required.
- Min. commitment of 90 days
- Quick thinker, proactive, motivated, open minded, easily adaptable to a fast paced working environment
- Some form of experience in development, gender studies, women’s spaces or similar
- Confident and strong leadership skills
- Enthusiasm for working with women and women’s rights
- Ability to be firm and decisive
- Willing to try anything and make a fool of yourself!
- Knowledge of Arabic or Kurdish
- Degree in social studies, international development or similar
- Experience monitoring and evaluating programmes
- EU/ international driving license.
- Free housing in shared accommodation
- Small monthly living stipend
To apply please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org