Here at Hestia, we offer support to a wide group of children and families, and our aim is to create integrative services directed toward mental health and well-being. As a branch of our psycho-social support services, we are looking for volunteers to help us expand our program in creative arts therapy. This program promotes therapeutic benefits of artistic expression and provides opportunities for the enjoyment and creativity of art.
The role would involve:
- planning and implementing activity services in one or more of the following:
- music therapy
- arts therapy (painting, drawing, photography)
- dance therapy
- drama therapy
- movement therapy (yoga, tai chi)
- Supporting disadvantaged, vulnerable, or traumatized community members
- Observe community members before, during and after therapy, noting their status, recording any pertinent data and reporting any necessary information to the appropriate staff
- Working with peers and managers across the organisation to review and learn from our work
We are looking for someone who can commit to at least three months with our organisation. The nature of our work is that some activities will be planned and some will arise ad hoc. We are looking for someone who can commit a set number of hours per week to prepare planned activities, but who may also be able to be flexible for events/ specific deadlines. We are happy to discuss how this position can work around existing commitments.
- At least two years of study and practical experience in recreational therapy (music, art, dance, drama, etc.) or a clinical related mental health field
- Must be fluent in English
- Knowledge of the following languages is desirable Greek, French, Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Kurmanji, Sorani, or Urdu
- Enthusiasm for Hestia Hellas work
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to contribute to the wider team
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with good communication skills
To apply, please complete our application form.