RefugeeEd is looking for a replacement field coordinator with a passion for education to oversee our operations in Greece, acting as the main point of contact for our volunteers and partner organisations as the current postholder is departing to undertake post graduate studies.
RefugeeEd aims to ensure that children and adults fleeing violence have access to a good education. We pair experienced teachers with local organisations who need training and mentoring. We prepare and support our teachers before, during and after their trips. We work to ensure that everyone can access a good education.
- Maintaining an overview of the educational activities and support needs of organisations.
- Ensuring organisations have effective safeguarding checks and systems in place.
- Supporting volunteers in developing support plans/assisting educational queries and maintaining contact throughout placement.
- Monitoring and evaluating the success of the programme and contributing ideas for programme development!
- Staying in regular contact with refugeeEd team in UK.
- Keeping systems, databases and info packs up to date.
- Work closely with our Social Media trustee to develop content from the field.
- Remote work, keeping in regular contact with our team in the UK.
- We would consider filling the role full-time (5 days per week) or part-time (3 days per week).
- The role will involve regular travel within Greece to visit partner organisations, travel expenses covered.
- We will be able to provide a small stipend.
- Long-term position: 1 year commitment, with 3 month and 6 month review
- Start date: Mid October 2020, to overlap ideally with the current coordinator for a 2 week handover period.
- Teaching background (primary, secondary teaching experience/qualification and/or Celta/TEFL background).
- Experience of the refugee education context in Greece.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Highly organised.
- Strong command of English.
- Good ICT skills, including Office, email, Google apps.
- Experience of training/mentoring other teachers.
- Experience of G suite, Analytics, SEO, web design.
- Experience of project/field coordination.
For more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send a CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying to email@example.com no later than 23rd September 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you!