We have been present in Greece since August 2015, and we currently work in:
Our work consists of a variety of things, such as:
- Distribution of food and NFIs
- Informal English and Greek teaching
- Activities for children, teens and adults
- Laundry service
- Bicycle project
- Community Center
- Build and Repair workshop
- Sewing project
- Mother and baby space project.
Our projects is constantly evolving in order to meet the needs, and we have a strong focus on giving assistance of good quality.
To volunteer with Drop in the Ocean:
- you have to register a profile on our website ( www.drapenihavet.no/volunteer/ ) and then register the trip you wish to perform
- You must be minimum 25 years old
- Commit for at least 10 days, with your first day at location being on a Monday or Thursday
- Provide a valid Criminal Record Check
- Communicate in English
It's not necessary to have any particular competence, but pre-school personnel/teachers, ESL- teacher, people with relevant language skills, experience in construction/repair/being handy and/or long-term stay are highly valued.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
i was vounteering with drops in the ocean for a few days, originally signed up just for night spotting shifts with possibility to help during the day too but when saw that daytime is either storage organisation (for very lovely people though) or teaching (two teachers per class) i prefered not to. there were other incidents that put me off from further volunteering with them. as one of their full time volunteers said, she chose them because they had nice website, clear and with good pictures, please don't repeat this, do your research!