FIELD CO-ORDINATOR (VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT & LOGISTICS), GREECE
We are currently recruiting a second Field Coordinator to work alongside our current Field Coordinator in Greece to oversee our operations there.
RefugeeEd aims to ensure that children and adults fleeing violence have access to a good education. We pair experienced teachers with local organisations who need training and mentoring. We prepare and support our teachers before, during and after their trips. We work to ensure that everyone can access a good education.
About the role:
Responsibilities will include:
- Project management of all refugeeEd activities other than the CTT programme. This includes volunteer management, training, webinars, educators’ meet-ups, and organisational mentoring plus overseeing timescales, logistics, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Coordinating the recruitment, induction and management of all refugeeEd education specialists, mentors and teaching volunteers. This will include thorough vetting of all appointees to ensure safeguarding of the beneficiaries of refugeeEd’s education provision and services.
- Building on and implementing a context-specific induction programme for refugeeEd volunteers.
- Building and maintaining relationships with partner organisations in Greece.
- Overall budget management.
- Managing administration and relationships for grants and funders (the two coordinators will each manage relationships/admin for a particular grant/funder).
- Fundraising and content gathering for communications purposes to ensure programmes can grow and reach potential volunteers/supporters (20% of workload).
- Experience of coordination in the Greece refugee context (essential), ideally with education coordination experience (desired)
- Budget management experience (desired)
- Programme management experience (desired)
- Volunteer management experience (desired)
- Teaching experience (essential), including a teaching qualification, and ideally experience of training and/or mentoring teachers (desired)
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Highly organised and proactive - the coordinator will need to be a self-starter, able to take the lead on projects and coordinate multiple workstrands at once
- Able to work well in a team, keeping regular communication with UK/remote board
- Strong written communication skills, including ability to communicate to a broad range of audiences
- High level of written and verbal English
- Proficiency with G Suite, Zoom (essential)
- Knowledge of Wix/web design, social media, analytics and/or Salesforce (desired)
Applicants must have the right to live and volunteer in Greece for the duration of the role. Unfortunately we are a small organisation and will be unable to support with visa applications.
- Full-time role, 35 hours per week, with flexible hours.
- Based in Greece (Athens, ideally).
- Voluntary role with a stipend to support living costs.
- Commitment at least six months, with a three month review period.
For more info or to apply, send a CV and a statement of suitability of no more than 2 A4 sides outlining how you match the Person Specification (experience & skills) shown above and your motivations for applying, to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!