We are **URGENTLY** looking for volunteers to support us with our projects in Chios & Athens.
IN ATHENS - We need help with our NEW ‘free shop’ style food, hygiene and household items market, for some of the most vulnerable without other support displaced and trying to seek asylum.
IN CHIOS - We continue providing food, household hygiene products, backpacks & suitcases, support with transportation and other person/community centred case work.
We are looking for:
- Volunteers who can stay in Greece are long term. (2+ months)
- Have had experience working with people who are displaced, refugees or asylum seekers.
- Are self funded for their own travel, transport and accommodation costs.
What you will gain:
- Field work experience with a dynamic and diverse team consisting of people from all background and countries, many of whom are from the asylum seeking community themselves.
- Be able to make a transformational and sustainable impact on projects as we implement new projects and improve current ones.
- Be a part of providing excellent humanitarian care based on the needs of the people we are supporting and an opportunity to work on advocacy projects.
- If wanting to stay past 2 months and the project continues to need support there can be the opportunity to discuss the reimbursement of some basic living expenses.
If you are interested please send your CV to FieldCoordinator@RefugeeBiriyaniBananas.org
Don’t forget to state if you would like to volunteer in Chios or Athens.
#VolunteerDiaries #HumanitarianAidWork #Greece #VolunteersWanted #Chios #Athens #VolunteersWanted0722