Do you want to directly work with refugees and migrants in Europe and the Middle East? Are you compassionate? Would you like to work in Humanitarina Protection and/or Refugees and Migrants Rights?
If yes, we would like to hear from you! No formal qualifications or previous work experience is required, but if you have them, it's definitive a great plus.
We urgently need your help. Please apply as soon as you can, we immediately evaluate new applications.
Placement: London, Istanbul and Anywhere, we work online and/or locally where you are
Roles: Program Management
Years of experience: 0-3 years
Job type: Unpaid Activism, we are all volunteers.
Hours: 2-8 hours minimum per week for at least 3 months, flexible day or evening
Asylum Links supports refugees and migrants in Europe and the Middle East in accessing reliable information so they can better defend their rights and improve their living conditions. The Asylum Links Facebook pages, is a space for refugees, migrants and asylum seekers where they find support about Asylum, Housing, Healthcare, Education.
We share with refugees and migrants, our clients, information on what are their options using official or trusted documentation. We find for our clients local services which can specifically consider their case and we make sure that they get in contact with each other. We work mainly online and if necessary we also meet our clients wherever they are. If our clients are not happy with what the qualified person told them, we find somebody else. We also advocate for our clients and witness their living conditions. We DO NOT give advice on anything, but we do give information and support to find advice locally. And we do advocate for all our clients.
We are a solidarity in the sense that we are open to all clients wherver they live and whatever is their status, we share information and advocate together. We collaborate with organisation on the field in every country, and the interests of our clients come first.
We need people who is compassionate and have time to listen to our clients. If you are compassionate and have time please volunteer online with us. It is a very hard job but it will also be very rewarding and yes it makes a big difference for some of our clients.
- basic written English, or basic written French or basic written Spanish
- be able to be online for some hours every week either via computer or via phone
- sociable and friendly
- flexible: as a small organisation, we occasionally take on responsibilities outside of our main area of work, and you will need to be prepared to help with a wide range of tasks
- motivated and relentless, so you will be able to successfully advocate for our clients
- effective communicator online and able to distance work have time to volunteer, as a volunteer you will work a minimum of 2 hours per week for at least 6 weeks. If you want to coordinate, you will work a minimum of 8 hours per week for at least 3 months. All very flexible.
- some experience in Operations or Human Resources or Recruitment or Volunteers Management or Advocacy or Fundraising
- interested in migration or international development or human rights
- some experience of places where our clients live: Turkey, Greece, Italy, Lebanon or else
- any language skills relevant to our work: Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Kurdish, French, Bengali, Spanish, Italian, Serbian, Greek or else.
AL volunteers come in two flavors, activists, and coordinators, in both roles the daily responsibilities are: casework, solidarity, research, advocacy and fundraising.
As a coordinator, you will spend some of your time supporting our clients, that is refugees and migrants in Europe and the Middle East. You will also be working together with other volunteers and/or supporting them. You will spend rest of your time running the organisation collectively with us, doing activities for all our clients and for all other volunteers.
You'll receive guidance and constant support throughout your time volunteering with us. You will have the chance to experiment all your ideas in any aspects of running a small international organisation. You can choose any role you like and rotate it with other volunteers, we are developing training programs for all aspects of running a small organisation.
We try to create a comfortable online space where everyone can express their ideas, that means you are welcome to talk to any volunteer you feel like you need to talk.
HOW TO APPLY
We strongly recommend that you message us on our FB page, asylumlinks ( or if not possible, email us ).
Send us a CV if you have one, if not just say you want to volunteer with us and we'll start a conversation about it. You can also ask us any question about our work.
We will book together a 20 minutes interview cat. You will have a training period of two or three weeks (no more than two hours per week) during which you can understand if this is something you would like to do. And after that you will have a conversation with one of us on how you can be part of our group.
We urgently need your help. Please apply as soon as you can. We will evaluate your application immediately.