The Lava Project is looking for a project coordinator to lead our team on Lesvos in May 2021 and join us for at least three months. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain both a deeper understanding of the refugee crisis, and experience working in the WASH sector. You will play a significant part in the daily running of our small but important NGO.
The Lava Project is a fully-equipped public hygiene laundry that serves the 7000 residents of RIC Kara Tepe on Lesvos. We are located in Moria village, 10 minutes away from the city of Mytiline. Our laundry was founded in June 2019 to assist healthcare NGOs working in Moria Camp. Today, we focus on vulnerable groups in the camp, especially medical cases. We work with a variety of other NGOs to help as many people as possible.
- Physically doing laundry at our facility - washing, drying and folding clothes
- Distributing the laundry daily in the camp (involves driving a van)
- Liaising with our partners on the ground, and helping develop new relationships
- Taking care of social media, volunteer coordination and donor relations
- Other duties as they come up - you need to be flexible!
As our project coordinator, you will work closely with our site coordinator and other long-term volunteers to ensure the smooth running of our daily operations. The work is shift-based and you will be in the laundry five days a week, although the hours can vary based on workload.
- Minimum three-month commitment, and must be able to remain in Greece for this full period without visa restrictions
- International driver's license
- Ability to drive a van (alternatively, the willingness to learn)
- Fluent English speaker
- Over the age of 21
- Able to work independently
- Prior experience working in a humanitarian context
- Prior experience working for a grassroots NGO
- Prior experience with logistics, hygiene, or distribution
This position comes with a monthly reimbursement of 600 euros for living costs, and the use of a car.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Currently, we require a period of 7 days in quarantine and a negative PCR test result before joining our team.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and let us know if you have any questions. To find out more about our project, you can visit our website at https://thelavaproject.org/. We look forward to hearing from you!